very, very strange problem

P. Otter

hello all, a friend of mine gave me a braille display, it is a hims sync braille display.
it works fine, all is working properly, but when i want to restart nvda, my computer is crashing completely, it makes a reboot and nvda tells me that the configurationfile is damaged and nvda is back to vactory settings!
i've allso a hims smart beetle, but there was no problem when i try to restart nvda.
i don't know what is the reason that with the sync i can'nt restart nvda but with the smart beetle there is no problem.
and that while the hims sync braille is in the list of braille displays of nvda.
is there anybody who is using also the hims sync braille?
what can that be?
cheers
paul otter