Re: NVDA Freezing Again

Rob

Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
Recently I sent a message to this list about an issue I'd been having since I got my Focus 40 Braille Display. NVDA would occasionally freeze just after startup, would refuse to restart and I would have to shut down the computer to get it working again.
This is a problem with Liblouis (the libraries which handle braille translation), not NVDA. I see it all the time. IN order to get braille to work, you have to start NVDA with no braille, and then switch to your preferred display in the preferences dialog. The only other way to fix it is to log into your computer with another admin account, kill the nvda.exe process, and then re log back into your original account and start NVDA again.