Repetition.

CJ

Hello,

after my old Windows 7 Machine gave up the ghost I had the fortune to have a spare laptop to hand running on Windows 8.1. This seems to work quite well apart from when I select a programme, say either Firefox or Thunderbird. I can access these programmes well enough but for reasons I do not fully understand when selecting say Thunderbird it will repeat Thunderbird 4 times before shutting up and allowing me to start using the selected option. I assume that I have made an error when setting this machine up and am at a loss as to what setting is causing this repetition problem. If anybody has experienced similar problems along similar lines to my experience could somebody please advise me how they rectified this problem or what I have got wrong? Any suggestions and advice would be most welcome. Thank you, regards, CJ.