Re: Repetition.

Gene

I don't think that is what is being described.  Evidently, when a program opens, the name of the program is repeated a number of times before the program can be worked with.  My question, and noone may know, is if this makes any practical difference.  In other words, even if the name of the program weren't repeated a number of times, the program might still not be able to be worked with for the same period of time or about the same period even if this repetition didn't occur.

In other words, we don't know if this repetition occurs while the program is opening or after it has opened.

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Repetition.

Well sometimes this happens if the bit which is focussed  refreshes.
 For example, when  I see items load into the system tray, but focus is on a
desktop item, every time there is a new item in the tray, the desktop item
is read again.
 For example, when dropbox or google drive start it can take a while for
their icon to appear in the tray, so if documents or computer is
highlighted, it says it again each time the tray updates.
I notice it on windows 7 and ten, but do not have 8
 On the other hand I do have a laptop running xp which when it shuts down
has the falling tones of nvda twice.
 The reason for that one eludes me.

So the answer for you is to discover why the desktop or whatever the item
is, maybe the program window title, is refreshed more than once. some
programs do this all the time, speed fan being a case in point. However not
seen it on firefox  I've not tried the 64 bit version, but of course if the
machine has toolbars and add ons in the browser its quite likely as each is
initialised it repeats  much in  the same way as the  download library does
if its open when a download is in progress.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-