From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2017 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA crashed

The ms sound mapper is the right card to be honest, its fine as long as you don't need to switch to another card or have a default sound card or something that card is usually the windows default one which is only a problem if things are not connected right.

On 6/01/2017 7:11 a.m., Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I thought so until this morning when I updated to the new next snap and
all speech stopped. It looks to me like there is a new routine that is
processing the .ini file in the latest build, however what it seems to
have done is altered the sound card selected in windows 7 so it says
microsoft sound mapper not behringer speakers as I had. Now of course
since I was not expecting this to occur, I had not looked at the ini
file to see if it had corrupted, but certainly the sound was cut off as
the new version launched leving me to restart the machiene as all sound
unknown to me was being sent out to the default windows device not the
one selected and used by me previously. weird or what? Needless to say,
a reboot of the computer put things back, but the tell tale in the first
run after the update showed the .ini file had the wrong sound device
selected. I think they will need to watch this as it really should not
change anything in the .ini file until its checked in windows what is
being used.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.