Hi,

thank you for that. Food for thought and this machine is not the quickest  of laptops so you may have made a good point.

Thanks for the thought, my regards, CJ.

On 07/01/2017 09:44, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
That is true of course. I have noticed though that often if for example some high load task is happening or the machine is quite slow like a single core machine that it normally repeats the program title at least twice but until some seconds after the final repetition the program is not usable, indeed trying to do so can move one back to the desktop.

On a fast say four core machine, this only happens when a windows update is installing or dropbox is busy doing an update as both of these things pinch a lot of processor time and memory access time.
If the effect goes on all the time I'd also expect huge lags in the file list scrolling in explorer, which is another process that gives away the fact that something is running slowly.
Might be an idea if its a fast machine to check the idle speed settings in windows for the processor. These, on some laptops seem to be set very low and do not rise it seems as quickly as one might wish when the system gets loaded. You can customise the idle speed of the processor in a scheme and I always go for 100 percent if its a desktop.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Repetition.

I don't think that is what is being described.  Evidently, when a program opens, the name of the program is repeated a number of times before the program can be worked with.  My question, and noone may know, is if this makes any practical difference.  In other words, even if the name of the program weren't repeated a number of times, the program might still not be able to be worked with for the same period of time or about the same period even if this repetition didn't occur.

In other words, we don't know if this repetition occurs while the program is opening or after it has opened.