Hi,

no. Windows 8.1 if this helps.

My regards,

On 06/01/2017 23:34, Arlene wrote:

Hi there: Is this for windows ten?

 cj.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of CJ
Sent: January-06-17 7:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Repetition.

Thank you for that Brian,

that makes sense to me as a probable cause. Thank you, CJ.

On 06/01/2017 15:24, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

Well sometimes this happens if the bit which is focussed  refreshes.
For example, when  I see items load into the system tray, but focus is on a desktop item, every time there is a new item in the tray, the desktop item is read again.
For example, when dropbox or google drive start it can take a while for their icon to appear in the tray, so if documents or computer is highlighted, it says it again each time the tray updates.
I notice it on windows 7 and ten, but do not have 8
On the other hand I do have a laptop running xp which when it shuts down has the falling tones of nvda twice.
The reason for that one eludes me.

So the answer for you is to discover why the desktop or whatever the item is, maybe the program window title, is refreshed more than once. some programs do this all the time, speed fan being a case in point. However not seen it on firefox  I've not tried the 64 bit version, but of course if the machine has toolbars and add ons in the browser its quite likely as each is initialised it repeats  much in  the same way as the  download library does if its open when a download is in progress.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-