Re: a good news for people who want use previous versions of nvda with firefox 50!

Gene

I don't know what programs you use it in.  In new versions of Firefox, when you type an address or even one letter in the add ress bar, it changes from the address bar edit field into a combination list and edit field.  It is much better to be able to have the edit field remain an edit field.  It makes correcting mistakes much faster and easier.  And if you turn off autocomplete, you can still down arrow and open the list.  It doesn't open automatically but you can open it.

From: majno
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a good news for people who want use previous versions of nvda with firefox 50!

And what's the problem with autocomplete? i use it without problem, for my is a useful function.

El 10-Jan-17 a las 3:00 AM, Gene escribió:
This has nothing to do with NVDA nor the version of NVDA.  If you haven't stopped autocomplete, Firefox opens a list of suggestions as you type and places you in the list.  If you turn off autocomplete, the list isn't automatically opened.  You can open it, as you could in older versions of firefox by downarrowing after you type something.  You can close the list with escape.

Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:43 AM

hello gene.
i did not know typing autoc.
interesting!
thanks so much.
and also without deactivating autocomplete, for me even with nvda
2016.4 the problem persist.
but i am not completely sure about the version of nvda which i tested.
does it work properly to type address without deactivating
autocomplete with nvda 2016.4?
thanks so much for testing.

al-islam.org