Re: Electing a new moderator

Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...>

yes.
Joseph has done a fantastic job of maintaining the list.
it was a big shock when I heard Joseph stepping down.
although I am no1 to tell some1 not to step down or anything but given
the chance I would surely request joseph not to step down at list this
year.
for many things.
this being the 10th year of nvda there will be many conferences, and
events and some1 not that experienced as Joseph won’t be able to
handle this that well.
and as this is an international event its very important that the
event goes on well.
also this is an international list.
anything said or done on this list will directly affect the status of
nvda in international communities.
so there should be a gradual hand over of power not some1 just
inexperienced takes direct charge.
also as most of you are saying there should be no elections, this list
is not a democratic institution so let’s say joseph without consulting
us appoints a successor.
and that successor doesn’t run the list well and is a tyrant.
how can we remove the successor from the mod chair?
we have no decision making powers in the admin of this list.
so as Joseph is giving us this gift we should be happy that we are
selected as an equal partner of the list.
yes, I agree we have not joined this list to discuss who will take
charge and how elections will be held but for that we will have to
create a subgroup.
at last I must say that this list will not be the same without the
leadership skills of joseph and also just try to step down may be next
year or may be even never step down and in the meantime select a mod
and let a gradual hand over of power take place.
This list requires a leader like you.

On 3/23/16, Arlene <nedster66@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd give the stranger a chance to see if he's going to be a good mod. If not
then I'd leave. I wish Josiph all the luck in his new adventures.