Re: Forcing an NVDA Search rather than a built-in search function

Andre Fisher

You would probably need to send a log here so that there is evidence
that a) you are in browse mode and b) that you actually pressed the
correct keyboard shortcut.

I have also replicated the error in Firefox.   I rebooted my system before
trying to do so as well.

Everything works as expected on the first iteration of a Gmail search and
mass selection per my instructions for doing same.  After that, if one
navigates back to the Gmail search edit box and performs another search,
INS+CTRL+F insists on pulling up the Firefox search, not the NVDA search.
 This behavior continues even if I intentionally tab my way around the page
to get to another control and hit INS+CTRL+F again.  In all instances I get
a Firefox search not an NVDA search.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Build 14393.693, Firefox 50.1.0, NVDA 2016.4

--
*Brian*

* * *He discloses the workings of a mind to which incoherence * *lends an
illusion of profundity.*

*         ~ T. De Vere White*