Re: Accessible Internet Speed Test

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>

Folks,

In the speed test, does MBPS mean megabytes per second, or megabits per second?

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail: ljmaher@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kostadin Kolev
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible Internet Speed Test

Hello,

Actually, I think it gives you that information too: The name of your internet service provider and your IP address - they appear one after the other. Just read the information after the link labeled "Again" after the test is done. It starts with the name and location of the server used to do the testing (the end point) - they are links. After that is the name of your internet service provider and after that - your IP address. Then there is some sort of rating information. After that are the results of your internet speed test.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 12.1.2017 г. в 21:04, Brandon Keith Biggs написа:

Hello,

It worked great for me! Thank you!

I would like it if it gave more information like your IP address and whatnot as well, but currently I got all I needed.

Thanks,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:

Hi there: Does this work for all internet isps?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kostadin Kolev
Sent: January-12-17 10:16 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible Internet Speed Test

Hello,

Go to:

http://beta.speedtest.net

This is beta, but it is good enough. It is based on HTML5 technology, if I'm not mistaking. Find the link labeled "GO!" and activate it. The internet speed test will start. You'll be notified when it is completed and the results from it. But you can manually read the results on the page - find the link labeled "Again" and read the information after it - it contains the test results.

Note, that if you are using Firefox for the testing, NVDA may get a lot chatty during the test and repeat that the test is over 50% completed a lot of times. Use Internet Explorer to do the testing if you don't want to hear all that chattiness - it does not occur in it. Hmm, could this chattiness be a Firefox issue? Maybe we should report it?

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 12.1.2017 г. в 19:15, Brandon Keith Biggs написа:

Hello,

Does anyone know of an accessible internet speed test? Most of the speed tests I have found only show speeds in a flash frame.

Thanks,

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.