Re: Problem with Windows 10 Pro desktop and NVDA

Tyler Spivey

Clarifying my last message a bit, here are two ways to do this.
1. Open explorer with win+e.
2. Press and release these keys in sequence: alt, v, h, t.
This is a shortcut to going to the ribbon with alt, then pressing right arrow to go to View, pressing space on that, then tabbing over to Show/Hide and unchecking item check boxes with space. Filename extensions can also be toggled here.

Another way to do this is to search for folder options on the start menu (this is now File Explorer Options, searching for either still works for me), going to the view tab, and under the advanced tree view unchecking Use check boxes to select items.

On 1/13/2017 11:50 AM, Sam Bushman wrote:
Hi All,

I installed NVDA 16.4 on a new windows 10 pro laptop.

For some reason NVDA reads all desktop items like they are check boxes …
Any idea what I need to change to resolve this?

I have downloaded the win10 ecentials add-on and that doesn’t resolve
either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

Sam