locked Re: looking for a good compute stick

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hi, compute stick is intel's model of tiny personal computer.

Here is a link to computestick first generation with windows 10:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014N4CZE2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B014N4CZE2&linkCode=as2&tag=inclusivean03-20&linkId=b216c581e63a0da38d2277aaa219e995

Here is a link to the current generation with windows 10:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=inclusivean03-20&keywords=intel computestick&index=aps&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=xm2&linkId=a7ceb8363e1963a1f8e899b438362d3c

These are both in your price range. Asside from them getting warm and not having an anolog audio jack, I'm pretty happy with the first generation. I hacked it to ubuntoo using images and instructions I found online. There's an hdmi, one usb, and one SD on the first generation model. I haven't looked closely at the second generation, but for the pricepoint, I would definitely give it a glance.

I hope this helps,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On January 13, 2017 1:46:09 PM "coffeekingms@hotmail.com" <coffeekingms@hotmail.com> wrote:

hi all

My birthday is coming up next month and I'm stuck between an iPod nano,
or a compute stick. I'm not sure what they're actually supposed to be
called,but what I'm talking about is a miniature computer that
terminates in an HDMI port which connects to an HDTV or projector, with
enough storage, bluetooth, wi fi, and a micro sd card slot to use as an
every day laptop. I've looked around a little, but they're quite
expensive, about the cheapest I've run across that sounds like it might
be powerful enough to run both windows 10 and sonar linux well is the
acer chromebot, which is around 90 dollars. The thing about chrome OS
devices is that I don't know a thing about them. They're linux
underneath the google, but I don't know if they're as easy to duel boot
as a regular x86 or x64 pc is. Does anyone know of a good device that
would do this for at least a reasonable price? I'd say around my
absolute top would be $150, and for that it had better be top of the
line or mellisa will ... well she won't be happy. I don't have many
requirements, but I'd like it to be able to run windows 10 at least
reasonably well, including some casual gaming like killer instinct, the
windows 10 version, and emulated systems like the gamecube, wii and n64,
and that it have a micro sd card slot, wi fi and bluetooth. Three or
four USB ports would be nice, but not essential at all, I can just get a
USB hub if I have to for extra ports. A package deal where one comes
with the device, a hub and maybe a bluetooth keyboard would be nice, but
I don't want to complicate things, so not at all necessary, just
convenient. I have a keyboard already. It's a logitech, and it uses one
of those wireless receivers. I'll shut up now lol.

Thanks

Kendell Clark

--
Without coffee, life is not worth living. Anonymous