From: <coffeekingms@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 6:45 PM
Subject: [nvda] looking for a good compute stick

hi all

My birthday is coming up next month and I'm stuck between an iPod nano,
or a compute stick. I'm not sure what they're actually supposed to be
called,but what I'm talking about is a miniature computer that
terminates in an HDMI port which connects to an HDTV or projector, with
enough storage, bluetooth, wi fi, and a micro sd card slot to use as an
every day laptop. I've looked around a little, but they're quite
expensive, about the cheapest I've run across that sounds like it might
be powerful enough to run both windows 10 and sonar linux well is the
acer chromebot, which is around 90 dollars. The thing about chrome OS
devices is that I don't know a thing about them. They're linux
underneath the google, but I don't know if they're as easy to duel boot
as a regular x86 or x64 pc is. Does anyone know of a good device that
would do this for at least a reasonable price? I'd say around my
absolute top would be $150, and for that it had better be top of the
line or mellisa will ... well she won't be happy. I don't have many
requirements, but I'd like it to be able to run windows 10 at least
reasonably well, including some casual gaming like killer instinct, the
windows 10 version, and emulated systems like the gamecube, wii and n64,
and that it have a micro sd card slot, wi fi and bluetooth. Three or
four USB ports would be nice, but not essential at all, I can just get a
USB hub if I have to for extra ports. A package deal where one comes
with the device, a hub and maybe a bluetooth keyboard would be nice, but
I don't want to complicate things, so not at all necessary, just
convenient. I have a keyboard already. It's a logitech, and it uses one
of those wireless receivers. I'll shut up now lol.

Thanks

Kendell Clark

--
Without coffee, life is not worth living. Anonymous