From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Returning from Sleep or Hybernation #addonrelease #adminnotice #addonrelease #adminnotice #cal-invite #cal-reminder #cal-invite #adminnotice

I have never had this issue at least on 7 nvda usually anounces the desktop or something when it comes back.
Another thing I have done is play some music just before I hybernate and then when it comes back I know.
I have never had any issues though, I never really hybernate unless I am running eurofly or need to be away for a little while only.
If I am away for a long time I tend to shut down the system entirely.

On 15/01/2017 4:06 a.m., Thomas Stivers wrote:
All,

I have my laptop set up to sleep when I close the lid while plugged in and hibernate when I close the lid on battery. This is working well as far as NVDA coming back when I return from sleep, but I would like a way to get a spoken announcement when the computer is ready to use after waking up.

Before I start trying to put something together with an add-on for NVDA or an autoHotKey script I'd like to know if anyone else has solved this.

Thank you,

Thomas