From: Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2017 6:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible word processors with NVDA

Well, I got Jarte, and checked the page linked in the help dialogue, and the
link on that page is either broken or the resource it was supposed to direct
you to has been removed. Either way, I'm having to work with rtf files,
which NVDA doesn't like very much, at least when it comes to accurately
reporting things like bold, italics and so on in Say-All. Still, it's better
than nothing at all and it's portable. I suppose I could adjust to not
having spoken page numbers for the time being.

On 15/01/2017 10:20 PM, Gene wrote:

It doesn't need the purchased version. You can install the Microsoft
pack that gives Microsoft Word and some other programs the ability to read
docx files. if you try to open a Docx file, a dialog comes up telling you
that. It may provide a link in the dialog to the JARTE web page where the
subject is discussed further.
We don't know how Word is being useed so we don't know if JARTE has all
the features desired but you can read about it and install and look at the
program to see if it does.

Gene