Re: accessible word processors with NVDA

I would like to caution users that use an microsoft product, ie office 2013 and up certainly it does this on 2016.
Aparently the older software has some incompatibility when upgrading the os from one version to another.
It tends to default extentions back to open xml viewer which itself is not helpfull.
Worse excell refuses to be able to process file commands and can not start until you repair office.
For the systems that had filter pack aand the compatibility pack installed, I solved this by removing both these packs then repairing office as on restart no files opened at all.
Ever since then updates have worked as expected.
If you are on a shared system with office.
Every time you update the os especially when its a security update not a performance update, including newer and older office updates, you will need to repair office with the quick repair before using it again.
I am not sure why that is but thats a way to get round it.
If you often need a share then thats fine but if you don't it is easier to kill the extra converter packs.
I should also want to add that I have old word xp converters for some older files that came from an xp machine that perminantly exist on my dropbox cloud, they are so small just like xp sound recorder its unlikely I will ever kill them so they stay till I die I guess.
I have no inttention of killing them.
The only thing you do need is sevenzip to decompress them but if someone wants to make an installer email me and I'll send the link for copywrite reasons jarte can't store those on its site but.

On 16/01/2017 12:20 a.m., Gene wrote:
It doesn't need the purchased version. You can install the Microsoft pack that gives Microsoft Word and some other programs the ability to read docx files. if you try to open a Docx file, a dialog comes up telling you that. It may provide a link in the dialog to the JARTE web page where the subject is discussed further.
We don't know how Word is being useed so we don't know if JARTE has all the features desired but you can read about it and install and look at the program to see if it does.

Gene