To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Returning from Sleep or Hybernation #addonrelease
#adminnotice #addonrelease #adminnotice #cal-invite #cal-reminder
#cal-invite #adminnotice

Also, since mouse tracking is on by default, even if you don't use the
mouse or mouse pad routinely, all you need to do is randomly move the
mouse around and NVDA will start talking if it's ready to speak.

On laptops I routinely tell my clients not to disable the mousepad, but
to cover it with a small square of stiff cardboard taped down on one
side so that it can be flipped open like a book. This way they can use
the native left and right mouse buttons if they so desire and, when
someone sighted wants/needs to use their computer, the mouse feature is
there at the flip of a piece of cardboard. For those with desktop
machines with an optical mouse one can do the same thing by covering the
opening for the laser on the underside of the mouse. This allows it to
be used for "is NVDA awake" checking with ease and then you flip the
cover over the laser and put the mouse back down again, which also gives
you access to the native left and right mouse click buttons if you wish
to use them.
--
*Brian*

* * *He discloses the workings of a mind to which incoherence * *lends
an illusion of profundity.*

* ~ T. De Vere White*

.