Jarte is free! There's a paid version called Jarte Plus with some extra
features if you really want them, but the base program is free and has
plenty of features to be going on with. :)

On 16/01/2017 10:16 AM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, is there a free trial for Jot? If so how long is it free before you have to pay? Or, do you have to buy it in order to use it?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account
Sent: January-15-17 2:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible word processors with NVDA

The thing about Jarte is that to open docx files it needs the purchased version as far as I know. OOpen and Libra Office seem to be able to load in docx files, but as has been discussed here of late, the authors need to do some more work to allow screenreaders to work on all parts of them like read all etc.

Of course it might be possible to find an old copy of an older version of Office pro corporate which I did and it still worked aand accepted the key.
Legal? Well, its a grey area isn't it. if the original buyer is giving it away, then who cares.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-