Re: Accessible Word Processor

Gene

It likely still is available.  You can run it whether you are running JAWS or not.  It is in the JAWS menu which you open in the all programs menu.  There is an item that says run HJ Pad.  I don't know how the abilities of H J Pad compare with JARTE.  But H J Pad is based on the old menu version of Wordpad.  At least it was.  It has a spell checker, which Word Pad doesn't.

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 12:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] Accessible Word Processor

Hi Group,

I started a new thread on this because I accidentally deleted the
original 'accessible word processor' thread.  In any case, I don't know
if this is still valid or not and it also depends on just what you want
to use your slimmed down and very accessible Word Processor software
for.  IN the old days, you used to get a small program with a spell
checker called HJ Pad when you installed a copy of JAWS (yes I know it's
one of our competitors.)  This little package was totally accessible,
had a spell checker and would save in text or RTF as I recall.  It used
to be available--even if you only had a demo of JAWS. I don't know
whether this is true any more, but 5 years ago, it was so.  I wonder if
anyone has tried installing the newest demos and seeing if they still
include HJ Pad and seeing if it still works after 40 minutes.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"