Command line text editors and NVDA

James AUSTIN

Hello

I an new to NVDA, and am very impressed with its ability to read the command line. I am also new to the current iteration of Windows, having used Mac OS for the past 10 years.

I prefer to use plaintext files whenever possible, and also prefer using the newly-minted Bash command line running on the Windows Sub System for Linux when navigating the command line. I am aware of Windows Power Shell, but feel more comfortable using Linux and UNIX tools.

However, in order to keep my PC as streamlined as possible, I would like to know if there has been any development in NVDA's ability to work with VIM. A search turned up some Github discussions from 2015, and a short test with Vim earlier today was promising. But even after toggling 'Dynamic content' on and off, NVDA did not announce the position of the cursor as I moved through the document.

Do folks on here use command line editors? Or graphical editors such as Notepad++ or TEDNotepad? I have both installed already, so if these are advised, I will learn these.

Thanks and keep up the great work

James