Re: Anti virus recommendations

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

From 2004 until 2010, Trend Micro Internet Security was very accessible. In 2011, they changed their interface from a standard menu system to an HTML type web interface. The problem is they used non standard coding for their HTML, so things like checking check boxes, clicking buttons and opening combo boxes simply wouldn't work. You could see everything, but could not interact with most things. I haven't checked this software out since 2011. Has anyone else done so since and has there been any improvements since then?

I was working as a private beta tester for Freedom Scientific and I actually tried working with tech support at Trend Micro on and off for several weeks. Their tech support people were located in the Philippines and communication was difficult. They kept saying the issue would be addressed, but it never was back then.

On 1/18/2017 10:38 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
Unfortunately, the accessible programs are not the best. what about forks of clamwin? I am also thinking of one called casperskee but that is not 100% accessible. It can be used with a little time and patience. The latest installer is not accessible so you would need to teamviewer with someone sighted.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"