Re: Very concerned, was: qualifying to manage a list (stupid hash tags)

Lino Morales

Laz email me off list at:
lino_and_rico@windstream
Thanks.

On 3/23/2016 10:33 AM, Laz wrote:
um, Chris, no one has said anything bad about Joseph during this
entire time. I have no idea where you're getting that idea but perhaps
you should read things twice before you start bad mouthing people for
absolutely no reason at all. At least go back and reread Gene's post.

Laz

On 3/23/16, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@gmail.com> wrote:
Unlike Gene, and others, I must say I do not concur with them. If anything,
I actually am with Travis, AKA, Kwork, on this one. Joseph has done a
magnificent job, and the fact that he was man enough to step up and say, I
don't feel that I can do this anymore adiquitly took lots of courage! I'm
very proud of him for being so honest and so up front, yet being so
respectful to all of us in how he did things. To his credit, I think we all
need to give Mr. Lee a bit of a break. I really can tell in my heart that
he truly, truly does care, and is trying his darndest, contrary to what a
lot of you all may think, or believe.

He's not burnt out. I had a member yesterday who will be 100% left
nameless, who called me at the phone number listed in my signature.

He or she kept asking me over and over again if I felt Joseph was burned
out. For the record, let me just say this. I had planned today to talk to
this person more if the questions continued, but honestly... look... he/she
called me on my tech support line, and when I said I'm not here to play the
middle man in this, go ask Joseph directly, go read his blog post which
explains everything of his reasonings, they didn't apparently do so. I have
no issue talking to others, including this member both as a friend, and as a
business related thing, but don't! put me as the middle man, off business
hours or not. That really put me in a very uncomfortable position
yesterday. I felt put on the immediate spot, as I didn't want to say
anything privately or publicly, and be taken as being rude, but I neither
wanted to hold back and not say how I felt about things.

I'm just a member of the list, and a fairly new one at that. Just because I
put my work phone number in my signature doesn't mean I did so, so that
people could call me about list admin duties. I'm not a mod, nor an admin,
nor wish to be frankly.

My point is, if Joseph really were "burnt out," quote unquote, then don't
you think he probably wouldn't have been so willing to explain on his blog?
He posted that link for a reason, and that reason wasn't to have people just
ignore it, then later wonder. It's the whole shoot and kill now, ask
questions later principle. It shouldn't be that way. Joseph gave you all a
resource to look at, if you're wondering, so, for goodness sake, use it if
you're wonderring. I, shouldn't have to be the one to clear this up for
everyone on the list. It's not my responsibility, nor my problem.

Again, sorry to be so brutally direct about this statement, but I had to say
something before this got more out of hand than it already has, and I beg
the admins' pardon for having to say this publicly with my utmost of respect
for them.
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.