Re: accessible email clients with NVDA

Gene

Regarding Outlook Express losing mail, I'm not sure to what extent this happens when saving mail in most folders.  it happens enough to be a real potential problem when people save what I have called ridiculous amounts of mail in the inbox.  I should clarify that that is what I meant, though I have seen a number of people who have had corrupted deleted messages folders over the years.  But what the percentage of users is that has this problem is something I don't know.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 5:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible email clients with NVDA

Messy?  Why?  Because you don't like ribbons?  That's your opinion of ribbons, if that is the case and is not a proper factual description of the program.  I don't lose mail in Windows Live Mail except if the program crashes.  I mostly use the old menu version of the program but I do use the new ribbon version when I am on vacation.  That means I haven't used it much but to the extent that I have, something like a total of three weeks, I've only lost messages when the program crashes and because it very seldom does in my case, it seldom loses mail. I've read a little about the program in reviews and I haven't seen this allegation about losing mail elsewhere.

I have seen the crashing problem discussed that I have discussed before.  Without more efvidence, I will assume that your discussion of losing mail is not a serious problem unless the user has the crashing problem.

And Outlook Express is notorious for losing mail if people save ridiculous numbers of messages in the program, which many people do.
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 2:39 AM

I just don't like Live mail, its too messy and keeps on losing its mail.
 OE is still pretty good. Its probably more secure than one might think in
most circumstances. I'd not run a company with it, and Outlook of course is
only available as part of Office and microsoft cannot leave it alone. Its
far too bloated and tries to do things most just do not need.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-