Re: NVDA not focusing on comments when navigating using the anotations list

Quentin Christensen

Hi Pranav,

When using the elements list dialog, once you have located the comment you would like to move to, you can press ENTER to move to it which works exactly the same as pressing TAB to the "move to" button and then ENTER - just a little quicker.

Once you do either of those, what should actually happen (and does for me, please let me know if this isn't what happens for you), is that the focus moves to the place in the document itself where the comment is - not the comment itself but the place where the comment is in the text.  At that point, you can press NVDA+alt+c to read the comment text.

If you wish to edit the comment itself (presumably if it's your own comment you want to change), you can then use alt+r, n as you indicate to move to the "next" comment from the review ribbon.

If the comment was from someone else and you want to "reply", then you can open the comment in this way, then press the applications key to open the context menu and choose "Reply to comment" (press M).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:
Hi all,
When I navigate to a comment, NVDA does not focus correctly on it. I am told I
am on a comment but when I invoke the context menu to reply to it, I do not get
the correct options.
This happens in Word 2016 using NVDA 2016.4.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open a document containing comments.
2. Go to brows mode and activate the list of links feature by hitting NVDA key +
f7.
3. Select the option to show annotations
4. Arrow to a comment of choice..
5. Tab to the "move" button and hit enter or spacebar to confirm the action.

You will be told you are on a comment. Hit the context menu key and look for
comment related options. You will not find them.

The workaround is to use the previous and next comment controls in the review
pane of the word ribbon.

Pranav

--
Quentin Christensen