I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows
10 app Essentials 17.02. Note that this release requires NVDA 2016.4 or
• Added ability to check for add-on updates (automatic or
manual) via the new Windows 10 App Essentials dialog found in NVDA Preferences
menu. By default, stable and development versions will check for new updates
automatically on a weekly or daily basis, respectively.
• Support for Windows Defender Security Center in build
15007 or later. Windows Defender in build 14986 is also
• NVDA can announce suggestion count when performing a
search in majority of cases. This option is controlled by "Report object
position information" in Object presentation dialog.
• Mail: When reviewing items in messages list, you can now
use table navigation commands to review message headers.
• Skype Preview: NVDA will no longer announce "Skype
Message" when reviewing messages for majority of cases.
• Store: When downloading content such as apps and movies,
NVDA will announce product name and download progress.