Re: when on a web page nvda doesn't select a link

hi again.
about using screen layout, you can deactivate it forever in
preferences and brows mode.
uncheck use screen layout when supported.

On 1/25/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@outlook.co.nz> wrote:
Hi

Try the following if not done already

When the browser is open use the NVDA key + letter V

Make sure you are in the webpage first.

you should hear nvda say use screen layout on, if it is on turn it off with
that same key combo.

That same setting can be done through the browse mode settings with the same
name make sure it is unchecked.

This will put both the line and link on the same line where the other when
on will have the text on one line and the link on another. Usually in that
case you have to tab to the link.

any how give that a whirl. any how when i do also bring up the elements list
with nvda key + f7, i usually press the letter for the link i want until i
get to it then simpley press the enter link and i am there.

Gene nz

On 25/01/2017 11:08 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:

I sometimes happen to encounter it, so I would usually repeat an action so
that it does not fail for the second time. If it is not working for you, I
activate the focus mode, then I tab to the desired link, and then I press
enter, so that I activate the link. If it is to no avail, I play with
different browsers. I also make sure whether a web page is maximized, so
that NVDA is successful in communicating with it.

On 1/25/2017 9:29 AM, Dennis L wrote:
Hi I do insert f7 press activate link and nvda doesn’t click on the link
what am I missing?

--
<b>Check out the new location of my accessibility central website for NVDA
tutorials, NVDA road tested programs, and other eyesight related topics.