locked Re: Difference between NVDA and System Access from Serotek

David Moore

Hi Gene,

That is what I thought. I was just talking about the System Access screen reader by itself. I will tell the girl that I was talking to to try NVDA again, but tell her about different voices she can use with it. The only reason she bought System Access, was because she did not like the sound of espeak. Wow, you said that just the screen reader of System Access is not as powerful as NVDA? I definitely would not buy it just for DecTalk. I will try a demo, just so I can tell people why NVDA is better than System access. Thanks a lot, Gene.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Difference between NVDA and System Access from Serotek

If you are just talking about the screen-reader and not the services such as access to described movies on the Serotech (spelling) and other programs and services you can get bundled with System Access or, I believe separately, Serotech works well as a screen-reader but it is far less powerful than NVDA.  the only reason I can see to use it, and I certainlyu wouldn't pay for it for this reason, is that it comes with a nice version of Dectalk to use with it.  There is no equivalent version of Dectalk to use with NVDA.  But I wouldn't buy System Access just for that.  If you want to see what it's like, you can sign up and try System Access to Go, which is the System Access screen-reader made available free so you can use it by running it from the web when at a computer with no screen-reader on it.  Or you can try a demo of System Access the installed screen-reader from Serotech. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:13 AM

Subject: [nvda] Difference between NVDA and System Access from Serotek

Hi all,

I have a question out of curiosity. I was talking to a girl on the computer, and she said that she uses System Access from Serotek, and used to use NVDA. I looked up System Access, and see that it still costs $400.00. Do you guys know the difference, and is there any reason why one should buy System Access over having NVDA. How does it compare to JAWS if anyone knows. I have never talked to someone who uses System Access, and I was just curious. Thanks a lot, and hope this question is not off topic.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.