From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Difference between NVDA and System Access from Serotek

If you are just talking about the screen-reader and not the services such as access to described movies on the Serotech (spelling) and other programs and services you can get bundled with System Access or, I believe separately, Serotech works well as a screen-reader but it is far less powerful than NVDA.  the only reason I can see to use it, and I certainlyu wouldn't pay for it for this reason, is that it comes with a nice version of Dectalk to use with it.  There is no equivalent version of Dectalk to use with NVDA.  But I wouldn't buy System Access just for that.  If you want to see what it's like, you can sign up and try System Access to Go, which is the System Access screen-reader made available free so you can use it by running it from the web when at a computer with no screen-reader on it.  Or you can try a demo of System Access the installed screen-reader from Serotech.

Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:13 AM

Hi all,

I have a question out of curiosity. I was talking to a girl on the computer, and she said that she uses System Access from Serotek, and used to use NVDA. I looked up System Access, and see that it still costs $400.00. Do you guys know the difference, and is there any reason why one should buy System Access over having NVDA. How does it compare to JAWS if anyone knows. I have never talked to someone who uses System Access, and I was just curious. Thanks a lot, and hope this question is not off topic.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10