Re: Problem

Gene

In a laptop, the operation isn't just mechanical.  When you plug in the headphones, there is a mechanical aspect.  A circuit is completed in the jack.  But the actual switch to sending audio to the headphones is not mechanical.  I don't know if the code is in the soundcard or the driver, I doubt it is in Windows itself, makes the change once the headphones are detected.  Therefore, dirt or damage may be the problem but the problem could well be with the computer-like operation that changes from speakers to headphones.

Cleaning the jack may solve the problem or it may do nothing and the problem may have nothing to do with dirt or damage.

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:29 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem

If its an ordinary headphone issue, then its more likely to be muck or
damage in the socket which normally mechanically switch out the speakers on
all the laptops I have seen, in which case USB headphones might be the
answer, or a usb device that can drive ordinary  headphones.
 They normally sound better than the tiny speakers in most laptops it has to
be  said.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.