From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin
Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] new member and a few questions

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the group!

Re "Line feed", what program are you in when it announces that? For me, in
most programs, it doesn't necessarily announce anything when I press ENTER,
but as I left or right arrow through the text it announces line feed when it
gets to where I pressed enter? This is to indicate that it was a deliberate
press of ENTER and not just reaching the right margin for instance.

You can set NVDA to "Speak command keys" by pressing NVDA+4 or from NVDA's
keyboard preferences dialog. This will announce "ENTER" when you press that
key. Note that it will also announce things like "CONTROL+RIGHT ARROW" as
you move by word, "NVDA+END" before reading the status bar and so on.

Re saving files. Again in word, if I press control+s, NVDA reads:

"ctrl+s

Save As tab selected Save As Alt, F, A " That is using the default
setup of Word showing the "backstage". If I set it up to go straight to the
save as dialog (file - options - save then check "Don't show the backstage
when opening or saving files".

If I have it set to go straight to the save as dialog, I get:

"ctrl+s

Save As dialog File name: File name:

Save as type: Save as type:

File name: combo box collapsed

edit Alt+n

selected some filename.docx"

Which is exactly the same if I press f12.

In Wordpad, when I press control+s, I get:

"ctrl+s

Save As dialog

File name: combo box collapsed

edit Alt+n

selected Document.rtf

"

In Notepad I get:

"ctrl+s

Save As dialog File name: File name:

Save as type: Save as type:

File name: combo box collapsed

edit Alt+n

selected *.txt"

Not sure if that helps though?

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Dan Thompson <dmt031073@...> wrote:

First I am very greatful for this list and all the work
developers have put into NVDA.

Q1. Instead of announcing “line feed”, Is it possible to cause NVDA to
announce new line or blank when pressing enter to move to a new line?

Q2. Recently NVDA in my class room will not say “file name” when pressing
control + s when saving file for the first time.

NVDA will not say “save as” when pressing f12.

When we press control + c or control + v, NVDA does not announce,

“copy” or “paste.” Is there some setting that is not correct?

Thanks for reading this long email and thanks in advance for your
assistance.

This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth,
and hatred with love.” —Peace Pilgrim

“God is the mind that imagines physical reality. We are each like a cell in
that mind.” —Peter Shepherd

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306> +61 7 3149 3306

<http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: <http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess