Re: and Chromium

Gene

Since you neither quote previous messages nor indicate in any way whom or what you are responding to, I shall assume it is to me.  What do either of your statements have to do with what I said?  The google Chrome designers have worked on accessibility.  That doesn't mean the Chromium team has or has to nearly the same extent.  Google Chrome is Google's version of the chrome browser and if it derived from Chromium originally, that is irrelevant.  It is a separate branch of the browser.  I believe Canary is Google's more or less alpha version of its version of the browser and,  again, it is Google's version of the browser.

From: Pete
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] and Chromium

    Hi

  evidently

  The subject line says it all.

Write: Re: [nvda] and Chromium

  Google chrome is based on Chromium.
  So with out Chromium  Google Chrome would not exist.
  There is also a Canary version of Chromium available.
  Again with out Chromium Canary Google Chrome Canary would not exist.
  There is a Chromium OS as well.
  You can read more about Chromium and Chromium OS on the Chromium web site.
  Pete

On 3/25/2016 12:06 PM, Gene wrote:
Evidently, you are talking about Chromium, not Google Chrome.  I doubt that meaningful work has been done either by the Chromium project nor by NVDA on this browser.  The popular Google Chrome browser among sighted users is reasonably accessible but I don't expect Chromium, a browser that is not at all widely used and that a lot of people don't even know exists, to be worked on by NVDA developers who, frankly, have much much more important things to work on affecting a great many more users than a browser most people haven't even heard of.