Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Command questions

Greg,

          What version of WLM are you using?  In WLM 2012 when I use the Contacts button it opens the Contacts dialog with me in the quick search box where I can type a character or characters to limit the contacts that will be shown below.  For example, when I enter "vog" in that box I get nothing but other Vogels that are in my contacts in the list immediately below.  If I down arrow into the list I can go through those to find the right one.  Of course, if you know something distinctive about either the display name or e-mail address of the person you're trying to find and enter that in the search box you should get a single result you can down arrow to get to it.  You must then select the contact (I hit space bar to do this) then I tab to the "To" button and activate it.  This places that contact in the "To" field on your e-mail message but you will not be back in the message compose window until you hit the OK button to get all of the contacts you may have collected via repeated search-select-activate to button iterations placed in the To field in the compose window.

Personally, I generally find it easier to type out enough of the recipient's name in the actual "To:" field such that I know the contact is showing in the dropdown that gets created and just tabbing to accept that contact.  If, by chance, you haven't typed enough and you snag the wrong contact, a single backspace removes it and you can start again.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004