Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Mallard

Hello Davy,

I started this topic more than once, and even last week or ten days ago. I was told that "I was describing a way Firefox behaves on my machine", and that if this had been a problem for more people than myself, there would be ah uge number of messages on this (or soemthing to that ilk).

Clearly, this is an issue that NVDA should find a way of solving, one way or another. This constant refiesching of webpages is nnoying, and prevents one from working correctly.

Other screen readers have a way of blocking this, so it MUST be possible.

I'd hate to have to go back to commercial screen readers because of this issue, because more and moe web pages seem to be employing this horrible technology (Carousels, or whatever they call them).

Thanks for beinging this up again.
Hopefully, since there are now tro of us, someone will take a minute to look into this.
Ciao,
Ollie

Il 25/03/2016 17:34, Davy Cuppens ha scritto:
Hi folks
Is there a way in nvda that one can prevent pages from being constantly refreshed? In my professional sr Cobra I have a shortcut s in virtual mode so that pags become static and focus won’t jump to the front of it.
Regards
Davy