Re: how to get NVDA to say Apostrophe instead of tick

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

How do I change it I somehow don’t see it in the symbles list now.  I changed it and didn’t do something right.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Simon Jaeger
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 1:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to get NVDA to say Apostrophe instead of tick

Hi,

You can find this in NVDA menu > preferences > punctuation / symbol pronunciation. Make sure you consider whether you really want three extra syllables every time you encounter this symbol though. I'm a big fan of efficient reading, and that's the main reason I haven't changed mine back. you get used to it pretty quickly. Hope this helps.

Simon

On 2017-02-02 10:33, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, how do I get NVDA to say Apostrophe instead of tick.