Re: filling PDF form using NVDA

Gene

But in that case, shouldn't you hear edit as you move through the form?

Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] filling PDF form using NVDA

If the form itself is not private can you share the link?   I suspect that Gene's presumption will end up being correct.  Either that, or this thing is designed as a form but the form designer did not bother to label the fields.  I've had a number of PDF fillable forms from the United States Internal Revenue Service that, when I tried using them with a screen reader, did not have the labels attached to fields to make the form accessible.

    I don't find an uninformed hatred a "principled position" that I need to respect in any way.

        ~ Ellen Evans, soc.motss, 11/6/2004