Re: NVDA question regarding Mac Keyboard

Quentin Christensen

Hi Hector,

You mention this keyboard doesn't have an END key - do you need to press another key as well - I know on a lot of smaller than full size keyboards, they include a "Fn" key - on Windows keyboards it's usually near the bottom left, and to get to some functions / keys you need to press that with another key.  So if END is actually on the down arrow, you might need to press NVDA+SHIFT+FN+DOWN ARROW?

As Sukil said, try it in Input Help mode (press NVDA+F1) and see what that reads out.  That should confirm you have the correct keystroke, and also some keyboards may not let you press more than two or three keys at once.

Finally, with the status bar, check that the program you are using actually has a status bar, as not all do.  If the program you are in doesn't have a status bar, NVDA should still report "No status line found."

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Sukil Etxenike via Groups.Io <sukiletxe@...> wrote:
Hi,

Try using input help (NVDA + F1) and tell us what NVDA says when pressing the keystroke. Also, try using the  laptop keyboard.

Regards,

Sukil

El 06/02/2017 a las 7:57, Hector Elias escribió:
Hello:

I am new to NVDA, and I am using Windows 10 on a MAC using Boot Camp.
I am using the bluetooth keyboard, which doesn't have a numbpad. When
I am using the keyboard command NVDA+Shift+End to read the status
line; it doesn't work. Does anyone know if  there is a specific issue
with a MAC keyboard? I tried it on my XPS13 and it worked; however,
that keyboard actually has a "END" key. Or is it something to do with
a setting I am not aware of?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hector