Re: NVDA question regarding Mac Keyboard

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hello, Not to be contentious or anything, but the apple bluetooth keyboard sited by hecter is made by apple specifically for apple products.

Hecter, your keyboard uses fn plus right arrow for end, making the required keystroke nvda + fn + shift + right arrow. The apple bluetooth keyboard is very minimalist, but as some one else said, you can use nvda + 1 to press key combinations and see what they do.

If you have a little money to spend, you can also install VMware fusion and virtualize your bootcamp partician. You can then use karabiner to add aditional functionality to your apple keyboard including a built in number pad and assignments for keys such as the application context key.

This is the setup I used when I owned a mac.

Sorry I missed this when it first came out. I'll keep my eye on the thread in case any one else has questions.

Best,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On February 6, 2017 1:55:43 PM "Travis Siegel" <tsiegel@softcon.com> wrote:

a mac keyboard has the same keys as any standard keyboard. they call it
an option key instead of a windows key, but they still have it. All
other keys are the same, including page up, page down, delete, home,
end, and insert. Now, of course, if you're using a laptop, then all
bets are off, as is the case with any laptop, but I assure you, macs
have the same keys as windows keyboards, because when the manufacturers
build keyboards, they don't build them for windows, mac, linux, dos or
any other operating system, they build them for a personal computer,
what computer that desktop keyboard plugs into is irrelevant.

I think many macs do not have what we call windows keys, so how this
is supposed to all be possible without some form of windos keyboard is
anyyones guess. also ratherer worryingly, many new laptop Macs have no
function keys, just a touch section which can have custom keys mapped
to various parts of it in Mac O/S.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.