Re: NVDA question regarding Mac Keyboard

Arlene

Oh, okay! Sorry about that! I was wondering why you were asking about a mac keyboard.  Now it makes sense. Okay I get it.  sorry for the last post.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hector Elias
Sent: February-06-17 5:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA question regarding Mac Keyboard

Hello Everyone:

Thank you for your responses. I am sorry that I was not more specific on my earlier post. I am running boot camp on a 2012 iMac, so I do not have the touch bar. When I press NVDA + 1 to enter "Input  Help" I get the following message, "NVDA + Shift + right arrow moves the navigator object to the next object." On my Mac I use the FN key with the right arrow to perform the key stroke to simulate the "End" key. When I press just the FN + right arrow, when in input help, I get the message, "end". So I know that the latter key combination works. I wonder if it will only take certain keys at once. If so, besides using Sharp keys, is there another work around anyone knows of?

I hope this clarifies any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Hector

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 2:41 AM, James AUSTIN <james.londonsw15@...> wrote:

Hi again folks

I forgot to add that on Mac laptop and Apple wireless keyboards, the FN key is on the bottom left row at the far left. On wired Apple keyboards, if I remember correctly the FN key is in place of the Insert key, at the far left of the block of six above the arrow keys.

Take care

James

On 06/02/2017 10:36, James AUSTIN wrote:

Hi all,

On a Mac the Windows key is mapped to the Apple key which is in the place of the ALT key on a PC keyboard. As for the touch strip along the top of Mac laptop keyboards is usable with Voice Over, but at present the touch strip has not found its way to the desktop keyboard.

For other Windows key bindings, there is I think an app called Sharp Keys.

Take care

James

On 06/02/2017 10:16, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

I think many macs do not have what we call windows keys, so how this is supposed to all be possible without some form of windos keyboard is anyyones guess. also ratherer worryingly, many new laptop Macs have no function keys, just a touch section which can have custom keys mapped to various parts of it in Mac O/S.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-