Re: NVDA and the Nano text editor

Well to be honest I am waiting for the orbit, the braigo or the invision displays or other new tech units to make it here.
I don't mind paying 600 bucks for a simple device to read the screen with, but till one comes out well.
The orbit seems likely, a lot of people worked with this including people here in nz so it should be interesting.

On 7/02/2017 10:22 a.m., James AUSTIN wrote:
Hi Travis

I don't have a Braille display at present, which may be where the
problem lies.

I am able to navigate with the arrow keys up and down and letter by
letter. However, when I use one of Nano's navigation commands or another
nano command, NVDA loses track of the cursor or else cannot read the
screen say in the file browser for instance

Thanks for any help/advice

James

On 06/02/2017 18:59, Travis Siegel wrote:

Yep, use nano all the time. I don't have any issues using it, but
then again, I've been using linux since somewhere around 1992-93
timeframe, so I'm used to it, and don't have problems moving around
the screen using it. There's always the control-L command if your
cursor is completely lost, and you can't find it (doesn't happen
often, but it does happen, much less now that dialup is gone), what
specifically are you having trouble with? give me steps to replicate,
and I'll find a solution for you.

On 2/6/2017 6:57 AM, James AUSTIN wrote:
Hi folks

Apologies as i have asked a similar question before. Does anyone on
list use Nano, a UNIX command line text editor please? I am able to
read and edit text with the arrow keys, but NVDA cannot see Nano's
cursor when it is moved with Nano-specific commands. The same is also
true for VIM --- another text editor.

While I can use Notepadd ++ and other graphical text editors, I work
a lot with the command line and would prefer to stay within it if at
all possible.

I think Travis has used Nano on here?

Thanks

Take care