Re: A Couple More Word Quesions

Quentin Christensen

Hi Kelby,

You are most welcome to purchase the book which does, indeed, cover most of these: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

But to answer your questions:

Moving quickly to misspelt words can be done with alt+f7.  This jumps to the next misspelt word and automatically opens the context menu which contains alternative words.  The issue with this is that you don't automatically see what the misspelt word itself is.  If you press escape you can close the context menu and the focus goes back to the document with the focus on the misspelt word so you can read the text around the word.

Right clicking on a word is most easily done by simply moving the focus to the word and pressing the applications key.  This works exactly the same as right clicking on the word and you can see either alternative words if Word thinks it's misspelt, or synonyms otherwise.

You can close task panes - some task panes have their own keystroke - for instance, press control+alt+shift+s to open the styles task pane, and close it using the same keystroke.  For most though, ensure the focus is on the task pane, press control+spacebar and choose close (press C).

Note that you can also use SHIFT+F6 to move through open panes and sections of the window in reverse order.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 6:27 AM, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...> wrote:
Sorry for asking so many of these; maybe I should buy the book.

1. Is there any way to quickly move to misspelled words in the
document by quick keys or does one have to use f7 to go to the
toolbar? (This is another thing NVDA might not do that JAWS can.)
Also, how do you route the mouse to a specific word so that you can
right clock on the word to see i.e. the thesaurus? I've tried this
with object navigation but I'm not getting anything?

2. Is there a way to get rid of the editing/proofing  toolbar when
you're done with it so you don't have to push f6 so many times when
moving between panes?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer