Re: Suggestion for upcoming NVDA build

hmmm snapshots are nightly builds, but I do aggree to some point I know there are softwares with options to update from the right channels.
Trouble is the only time we have betas and rc builds is just before release its not like they are in a big cycle.
As for snapshots, there is the master branch which is mostly stable and contains stuff for the next upcomming, experimental and then there are a couple below that.
Bar the master unless you are a dev I see no advantage tto users and it could give them issues.
I never download anything bar stable for myself.
It all depends though.
there was a tool called snapshot downloader but I don't know where it is or if it even works now.

On 26/03/2016 4:51 p.m., Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
I was just thinking how cool of a feature this would be, and I'd not think it would be terribly hard either to implement.

How hard would it be from the official build, like in this case, 2016.1, to put an option in the NVDA menu, maybe under Tools, that automatically like downloading updates would let the user download and install the latest snapshot build rather than them having to go out to the web site and manually get it. Either that, or maybe under the General tab of preferences, where you have the box to check or uncheck for checking for updates, maybe have another one that says download snapshot builds when updating.

What do you all think?
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.