Re: format factory

hi quentin.
i did not know that audacity even has conversion.
i wish that can record and convert different formats without extra addons.
for example: they include laim mp3 to the program not download addon.
could you please say my request to the developers of this opensource program?

On 2/11/17, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Another option is audacity. It is an editor but you can export into many
formats and it's free: http://www.audacityteam.org/

Cool blind tech did a walkthrough of Audacity with NVDA a little while ago
as well:
https://coolblindtech.com/audacity-windows-part-1-introduction-interface-navigation/

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 8:07 PM, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi.
format factory is almost accessible and you can use it if you want
audio and video conversion.
maybe some other parts of it is accessible, but i dont know.
also, its translated into more than 60 languages, it has accessible
help file that you can use.
and also be careful that dont install extra offer during installation.
its better that you quit internet before installing and uncheck extra
offer which it wants to install.
also if you want to convert different formats into mp3, wave and ac3,
try this program.
its very great and the only program which i use.
because i convert all my formats into mp3 only!
its the most simple and best program in this regard.
its extremely simple and even does not have help file because of its
simplicity!

http://www.dvdvideotool.com/1ClickExtractAudio.exe

Well if its pure audio winlame at winlame.sf.net works.
Its old now I am unsure of its status but it handles most audio.
I gave up on free video stuff because of opencandy, I use the applian
suite which is mostly accessible well enough to use some of their
stuff.
For youtube I use youtube dl-g thats the gui frontend to youtube dl and
that works.

On 11/02/2017 6:13 p.m., coffeekingms@hotmail.com wrote:
hi all

I've been looking for a good free as in beer audio and video converter
similar to soundconverter on linux to handle format conversions when
I'm
in windows. I've come across format factory, and I've installed it.
Skipping past the junkware installations which I personally loathe, I
got it installed. But I can't seem to figure out how to use it, it
seems
inaccessible with NVDA. Is there an alternative I can use that's more
accessible? The one thing I need it to be able to do is convert to and
from opus files, as well as strip the audio out of video files. Batch
conversions would be nice as well, since I routinely download tv
seasons
from blind mice, and I don't care for mp3 so convert them to a smaller
and better sounding format, so being able to convert an entire folder
would be nice. My only other caveat is that I refuse to pay for
software. I don't want to start any fights on hear but the thought of
paying for software just doesn't sit well with me. Donating is
completely fine, but having to pay for software I've gotten used to
having for free is just, I won't do it unless I absolutely have to.
I'm
still a newbie in windows land, having gotten used to the way linux
installs software, and also to an abundance of good quality open
source
software, so I'm not used to the way windows software is downloaded,
often going through several circular links where finding the download
link is difficult, and then having to watch out for extra stuff
getting
installed along with your program. I talk too much. If format factory
isn't accessible, is there software you guys would recommend instead?
Software to download videos from youtube would also be nice, since
youtube viewer doesn't seem to exist for windows. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Kendell Clark

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.