Re: getting information about the focused file

Albert Ruel

I use the right arrow key to access those bits of information, then left arrow back to the file name once I've learned what I wanted to know.

Thx, Albert

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2017, at 2:05 PM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

if you hit alt enter on a file folder or what ever it will give you loads of information hope this helps.

On 11/02/2017 21:54, Dean Martineau wrote:
Hello. I’ve joined here for a while because I need to be able to
encourage those who can’t afford JAWS to try NVDA. I am also trying to
see if I can join the company of those who actually believe NVDA is as
good as or better than JAWS. I like and know JAWS, but would be happy
to be persuaded that NVDA is a truly equal option. I use the laptop
layout, have installed ObjPad and some other add-ons.

When viewing a folder in windows Explorer, with detail view active, I
can quickly catch file details that might interest me, perhaps the size
or date created, by hitting the current line keystroke in JAWS twice.
I’ve read some documentation and played with likely keystrokes and have
not found a way to do this with NVDA. Is there a way?

I’ll post other questions in separate messages.

Thanks.

Dean