Re: Hybernating nvda when using self-voicing programs

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I believe this is the solution I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Erik

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On February 12, 2017 6:26:34 PM "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...> wrote:

Oops, sent too soon :)

I was going to add:

8. Press ENTER to create the new profile.
9. Press NVDA+CONTROL+S and set the synthesizer to "No speech".

Now you'll have no speech in that profile.  If you want to change that down the track, you either:
- can go into the NVDA configuration profile again (repeat steps 1 - 3 from the previous message) and delete the profile you created, or remove the trigger.
- Or you can go into the app, press NVDA+CONTROL+S then press UP ARROW to move through the synthesizers or HOME to jump straight back to eSpeak.  Note that you won't have any speech until you press ENTER to set the synth to something other than no speech.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
You can do this with configuration profiles.

1. Start the program you want NVDA to be silent in
2. Press NVDA+N to open the NVDA menu.
3. Press C for Configuration profiles.
4. Press ALT+N to create a new profile.
5. Give the profile a name (eg the name of the program).
6. Press TAB once to "use this profile for" which is a set of radio buttons.
7. Press RIGHT ARROW to move to "Current application".

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Well I did this with Newsbridge and for a friend for guide, however it was a while ago. I seem to recall hand crafting an add on which contained the executable name or names  in it and to tell nvda to go silent when that was the dominant or freground task. Does anyone recall the blog post on this that I followed at the time. it was very easy using details from the nvda/F1 log to find out the names of the exe files.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-