Re: NVDA with Edge browser

Yeah but if they are that old then I agree.
I was working with ccleaner and a few apps, suddenly I get messages after updating windows that they will not work because they are to old.
If you are still using that program from 1995 then you may have to upgrade it sooner or later and that may be the time to look for an alternit.
And back up your data on your cloud or a drive I do that for my critical things.
Unless your data is an executable, chances that if they are text or standard doc files they won't be touched and if its just data files windows does not recognise its not going to factor it into anything they may need updating themselves though.

On 16/02/2017 7:10 a.m., Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Will we be all forced to get creators update? I ask as the last time
for anniversary update several older 32 bit slightly modified bits of
software were removed and could not be put back without losing data,
though they still worked. it would be really nice if there could be a
prompt from the updating software saying these programs will be removed.
If you want to preserve them click here but they may or may not funtion
after the update.
To just unilaterally proclaim its old and hence junk is a little on the
draconian side. This affects Outlook express and some others I may have
forgotten about. However they nearly always still work OK if you put
them back but lose the liinks to their data.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-