Re: NVDA Accessible Database Software

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

What is your definition of accessible? There are lots and lots of databases that have no native interface, because they use the command line, but folks have written interfaces, (and you can too if so desired with enough programmingknowledge). Mysql, mariadb, firebird, are just a few. They're all opensource, and all completely accessible if you don't mind learning sql in order to be able to talk to them in a way they can understand. If however, you're asking about databases like ms Access, only with graphical interfaces, I can't help, because the only database I use is mysql, and custom php interfaces if they're on my own servers, or PHP my admin if they're hosted elsewhere. You need to be more specific about exactly what it is you're looking for, then folks on this list can narrow down the options for you.

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017, Carlos wrote:
Hello All!

I know that this question has come up on list many times.

I would like to be able to create/process database files.

Is there any database software paid/free that is accessible with NVDA? I know that database software is so graphical in its nature that its controls are not accessible to screen readers! But, there has to be a way for the blind to be able to use database software for work/home purposes?

Hopefully, since the last time this question was asked someone has actually found NVDA database accessible software? Or, accessible database software that is accessible in any other screen reader?

Thank You! For all your recommendations!!!

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...