Re: NVDA not announcing bullets when added

Dan Thompson

Ah, I never thought about the application/context menu.  Thanks for reminding me of that.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo Vorster
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 11:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not announcing bullets when added

Hi Dan

I just tested the bullets insertion.

After selecting, in Word 2010, I press the application key and go down to “bullets”. After entering, NVDA does announce the bullets I inserted. True, when entering on “bullets” there is no speech response, but then, you must know that you selected to enter on bullets.

There are definitely other ways to insert bullets, but to me the above mentioned is definitely the easiest.

Regards

Christo (Worcester, South Africa)

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Thompson
Sent: Thursday, 16 February 2017 2:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA not announcing bullets when added

Hi all,

I was trying to teach adding of bullets on the fly and NVDA will not

Speak that there is  a bullet.

I have tried with most and all punctuation selected and the result is the same.  I also looked under “document formatting” and could find anything that would make this type of symbol be announced.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so can it be changed?

Thanks for your help.

subscribe to Friday Finds by sending a blank email with "subscribe dan's tips" in the subject line. To

dmt031073@...

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

“This is the way of peace: Overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.” —Peace Pilgrim

“God is the mind that imagines physical reality. We are each like a cell in that mind.” —Peter Shepherd

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.