Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Gene

This needs to be checked by different people.  I don't know if the page refreshes.  Using Firefox and NVDA, on a slow computer, I hear a lot of brief pauses while reading the page.  But I don't know if those are refreshes.  I keep my place and reading resumes where I left off after the pause.  Something is doing something that is causing the pause but I don't know what that is.

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] prevent pages from refreshing

Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
www.rick.com

On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh <arno.schuh@...> wrote:
Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

> Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in Internet
> Explorer?

That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate and deactivate
this option anytime you came across such a site.
In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and simply press
letter s again to set it free again.
And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh option deactivated,
because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you can't log in some
site, can't select list items in a list etc.

So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful when you came
across such a site.

Yours sincerely

Arno