Re: prevent pages from refreshing

Gene

Which is the point I was trying to make a number of days ago.  With different people reporting different results, we need detailed information when people compare results.  We need to know the browser used and the screen-reader used.  it might or might not be important to know the versions of the browser and screen-reader used.  We need to try to find out if we can, why some people report page refreshes and some don't on the same page.  Unless an understanding of what is occurring and why can be obtained, it may not be practical for NVDA developers to address the problem.

From: Kevin Chao
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] prevent pages from refreshing

I was able to navigate below issue and didn't observe any auto-refreshing issues. I did see some links/images that had no/bad labels, but no other accessibility issue.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Kevin here is one. If any of you are fans of Rick Dees and the Weekly Top 40 his site refreshes a lot.
www.rick.com

On 3/26/2016 3:34 PM, Kevin Chao wrote:
Can someone please provide examples of thes type of sites?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM Arno Schuh <arno.schuh@...> wrote:
Hi,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 17:40 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

> Are you referring to the setting concerning metarefresh in Internet
> Explorer?

That's the option. But it is pretty cumbersome to activate and deactivate
this option anytime you came across such a site.
In Cobra you simply press letter s to freeze the site, and simply press
letter s again to set it free again.
And of course it is no solution to keep the metarefresh option deactivated,
because if so some sites don't work properly; i. e. you can't log in some
site, can't select list items in a list etc.

So a simple feature like in Cobra would be pretty helpful when you came
across such a site.

Yours sincerely

Arno