Re: nvda announcing clipboard functions and other keystrokes

john s

As I understand it, the addon isn't at fault.  The only thing the addon does is tell you that the keys were pressed.   It isn't intended to tell you that the action was done.

earlier, Kwork, wrote:

From what I've been told, Window Eyes also waits for the action, and doesn't rely solely on the key press.
Travis
----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda announcing clipboard functions and other keystrokes

That isn't how most screen-readers work.  I used to try to encourage that this feature be properly implemented by advocating for it here but I've given up.  JAWS knows when a copy or paste has been actually done and doesn't report it otherwise.  So does System Access.  I don't recall what Window-eyes does but since both JAWS and System
Acceess can do it, I would think it would be within reason to have NVDA do it.